We are delighted to announce the list of 10 businesses that have made it to the Innovation Showcase competition final and will now compete for the £30,000 business support package on offer at Venturefest.
The finalists come from a range of sectors across the North West, including life sciences, manufacturing, and design, creative and technology. Each business will now pitch their innovative ideas to some of the region’s most prominent entrepreneurs, innovators, and investors at the Innovation Showcase 2016 held at Venturefest on 21 September. The winner of the prize package will be chosen by the audience – so be sure to attend to vote for your favourite!
The shortlisted businesses are:
- MyManu - Salford based audio technology designer and retailer
- Limon Attire - Tameside based clothing label specialising in the design apparel for those living with dementia
- Extreme Low Energy - Trafford based manufacturer of low-energy, sustainable ICT infrastructure
- GCOFN - Lancaster based manufacturer of Graphene and 2D materials, and supplier of materials for nanotechnology solutions
- Gatorduct - Manchester based provider of efficient, sustainable and cost effective ductwork systems
- GJD Manufacturing – Rochdale based security equipment manufacturer, supplying intruder detection, CCTV and security lighting systems
- Swifty Scooters – Salford based manufacturer of innovative adult scooters
- VST Enterprises – Manchester based software and app developer
- C Major – Lancashire based manufacturer of medical and dental instruments and supplies
- Nothing but Epic - Manchester based digital brand agency specialising in social media, website design, and SEO
Meet the Funders is now open.
Following the success of last year’s Meet the Funder session, Grant Thornton and the Business Growth Hub are once again hosting the session at Venturefest.
Meet the Funder gives businesses who are seeking finance the opportunity to have a number of one to one “speed meetings” with a funder that has been matched to their business profile and funding requirement. Funders available for meetings range from investors to grant and loan providers.
Selected businesses will be having meetings with up to 10 different funders on the day and applications will be screened and assessed by both Grant Thornton and Hub advisors on a first come, first served basis. Successful applicants will then be invited to take part in the session with the funder they have been matched to.
Apply here. The applications close on Friday 9 September, subject to availability.
Be part of Venturefest Manchester 2016 and book your place today. Keep up to date by following #VenturefestMCR on Twitter