Astute, structured, and consistent problem solving is crucial to any effective aerospace manufacturing enterprise. This course equips delegates to implement the 8D structured problem solving methodology, enabling them to satisfy aerospace customers’ demands by successfully identifying, verifying, understanding, and eliminating problems which occur throughout manufacturing processes. I combine the knowledge I have gained from my own experience in manufacturing with interactive exercises and practical applications as I guide you through the principles and applications of 8D Structured Problem Solving.
- To gain an understanding of 8D Structured Problem Solving, through a balanced combination of instruction and practical hands-on exercises.
- To strengthen delegates’ practical problem solving skills, especially with regard to manufacturing processes
- To understand how to effectively identify and verify root causes
- To explore the formulation of emergency responses to problems
- To understand and eliminate the challenge of recurring problems
- To enhance delegates’ ability to identify and implement corrective actions
- To equip delegates to develop preventive action plans
- This course can be supplemented with a real-world workshop on your own premises, which facilitates immediate application of the techniques learned.
Expertise in 8D allows problems throughout the production process to be identified and solved effectively and efficiently, thus eliminating waste, decreasing variation, refining quality, raising production levels, and boosting profits.
The content of the course is highly relevant to AS13000 and AS9100D, as well as being closely linked to ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems) and IATF 16949 (Automotive Manufacturing Systems).
About 8D Problem Solving
‘8D’ problem solving was embraced within automotive manufacturing during the 1990s but has now found much wider application. There are various views about whether the method should contain 8 or 9 steps, and what exactly should be addressed at each step. However, the steps shown below form the basis of most implementations of this method:
D1: Establish a Team
D2: Describe the Problem
D3: Develop an Interim Containment Plan
D4: Determine and Verify Root Causes
D5: Verify Permanent Corrective Actions
D6: Define and Implement Permanent Corrective Actions
D7: Prevent Recurrence
D8: Congratulate The Team
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for process owners in the aerospace supply base, and anyone, particularly engineers, who aims to improve their practical problem solving, especially in relation to manufacturing processes.
It would be my privilege to partner with you in delivering professional training courses tailored to your needs. Please contact me by sending an email to email@example.com to discuss your requirements.