Engineering and technology are critical to Lancashire’s future ambitions in innovation. The University of Central Lancashire’s Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC) offers a portfolio of industry engagement opportunities, alongside teaching and research, to help drive improvements in productivity, performance and quality.
The session provides an overview of the facilities, capabilities and engagement opportunities within the EIC. It includes a case study of a current demonstration project with Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service and local companies that is helping position the region as a major new drone innovation cluster for Lancashire.
• Mark Bowman – Director of Flight Communications, BAE Systems (Warton), BAE Systems
• Tim Murrell –National Operational Lead for Drones, National Fire Chiefs Council
• Prof Ian Allison – Executive Dean of Faculty of Science & Technology UCLan*
• Prof. Darren Ansell – Head of Aerospace Engineering UCLan
• Iain Martin – EIC Engagement Manager
The session will also include time for audience Q & A.
* Lancashire Innovation Festival is a virtual event featuring a range of talks, seminars, innovation tours and workshops throughout October 2020.
* Full schedule details of the festival are available at www.lancashireinnovationfestival.co.uk.
* All sessions will be hosted online through a variety of platforms and attendees will be sent login details through Eventbrite 24 hours and 1 hour before the session starts.
* If you do not receive login details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
* PLEASE NOTE: As this is a virtual event this session may be recorded and shared online at a future date.
* E-tickets will be available up to an hour before each live event