The Department for International Trade North West invites you to join us for this update on the Chinese markets and to celebrate the Chinese New Year in the year of the Ox on Friday 19 February 2021.
We’re delighted to be joined by HM Trade Commissioner for China, John Edwards, who will give an update on the Chinese markets, speak to the events of the past year and rising opportunities for UK companies.
We’ll also hear from Director-General of Investment Promotion at Invest Hong Kong Stephen Phillips, on opportunities in the Great Bay Area and from Daisy Ip, Director, UK, Benelux & Ireland, at the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, on opportunities available in Hong Kong and the wider ASEAN markets.
Following this we invite delegates to take part in one of two panel discussions:
China Panel, featuring:
- Philomena Chen, Head of Asia Pacific, Department for International Trade NW
- Mr Xun Liu, Head of Transaction Banking, Bank of China (UK) Ltd
- William Jones, Sales Director, Cataclean
- Dr Yanzhong Xu, Managing Director, Suman Group
- Denis Sowler, Export Sales Executive, Tithebarn
Hong Kong Panel, featuring:
- Paul Stowers, Head, UK Regions – North West, Department for International Trade
- Mike Wilton, Director, Arup
- Paul McComb, Director General, Department for International Trade Hong Kong
- Daisy Ip, Director, UK, Benelux & Ireland, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Andrew Davis, Head, Investment Promotion, Invest Hong Kong
Find out more and register here.