Cutwel, leading UK & Ireland tooling supplier have extended their range of solid carbide rotary burrs, made by premium supplier Karnasch in Germany. Also introduced as a perfect accompaniment for any handheld jobs are the Pencil and Die Grinders which allow a high speed automatic portable burring solution.
Cutwel had already supplied burrs from their popular brand YG-1 however the new range brings more shapes and more geometries providing a selection suited to almost all applications. You can also buy rotary burr sets now too, covering popular ranges of shapes and sizes in one go.
The new geometries by Karnasch are as follows:
- Cross Cut (HP-3 Geometry): The most widely used universal cutting style. High cutting action producing short chips. For use on cast iron, steel, stainless steel, titanium, nickel, copper, brass & bronze.
- Plain Cut (HP-2 Geometry): The most widely used simple cutting style. High cutting action producing good surface finish. For use on cast iron, steel, stainless steel, titanium, nickel, copper, brass & bronze.
- Extra Fine Cross Cut (HP-4 Geometry): For extra fine cross cutting style. Gives excellent control in difficult to reach areas. Medium cutting action with short chips and good surface finish. For use on harder steels up to 70 HRC, cast iron, stainless steel & heat resistant super alloys.
- Coarse Cut (HP-7 Geometry): For use on aluminium, copper, plastics and glass fibre/carbon fibre composites. High metal removal with coarse cut geometry.
- Robust Cross Cut (HP-1 Geometry): Extremely robust cross cutting style - impact resistant (prevents tooth breakages, chipping and head breakages.) For use on difficult to machine materials including stainless steel and super alloys (Hastelloy, Waspaloy, Inconel, Duplex, Amanox) Great for the aerospace and gas industries.
- Fine Plain Cut (HP-5 Geometry): Extremely fine cutting results with excellent surface finish. For use on hardened steels up to 70 HRC, cast iron, stainless steel & heat resistant super alloys.
- Rough Cross Cut (HP-6 Geometry): Extremely fast metal removal, ideal for roughing on cast iron, steel, copper, brass & bronze.
- INOX (HP-9 Geometry): Ideal for Stainless Steels, extremely high machining output. High quality surface finish.
- Extreme Speed (HP-8 Geometry): Up to 60% higher machining output compared to conventional burrs. High aggressive machining with larger chips and outstanding chip removal. Idea for most steels.
The carbide burrs are available in a patented Blue-Tech coating or Black-Tech coating depending on application. This newly developed coating provides outstanding tool life and excellent performance compared to uncoated versions.
This new range of burrs is available now online at http://www.cutwel.co.uk/abrasives/solid-carbide-rotary-burrs or alternatively call 01924 869 610 for more information.