UPDATE from The Department for International Trade on Export Events
The Department for International Trade are continuing to work on behalf of the UK supply chain to organise export opportunities with major customers around the world. We understand from talking to you and industry in general that international business development is an important factor in the strategy for sustainment and recovery of the UK supply chain. Here is a quick update on what we have planned:
- Boeing UK Supplier Discovery: This project continues and we have added over 100 UK companies to the Boeing Capability Database across aerospace, space, defence & security sectors. Please contact us if you know of a company that should be on the database and want more details of how to promote their capabilities across all Boeing divisions
- Aerospace & Defense Supplier Summit: This virtual event sees primes, tier 1s and suppliers come together for 2 days of dedicated B2B meetings & a parallel conference on 15-17 March. UK Government is working with ADS to support UK companies registering for this event. We will provide further details in the next week, more information here: https://www.adsgroup.org.uk/events-list/aerospace-defense-supplier-summit-a-dss-seattle-2021-uk-pavilion/
- Embraer Virtual UK Supplier Showcase: This virtual event will bring together companies that can deliver technology solutions targeting Embraer’s next generation turbo prop, the event is planned for the 6th – 9th April 2021
- GE Aviation (USA): We’ve rescheduled the UK Supplier Showcase in Cincinnati from Sept 2020 to Spring or Summer 2021. Although GE has already selected 37 companies for the event we encourage late entries. We will send a specific email on this in Feb
- Raytheon Technologies: Virtual Supplier Showcase scheduled for May 2021 with all 4 divisions of RTX attending (see attached factsheet). We are working with the divisional teams to gather their capability needs and will launch this event within the next 4 weeks.
- Boeing (USA): Defence, Space and Commercial event (previously planned for 2020) in Los Angeles with an associated UK Govt half-day conference – now Oct 2021, travel permitting.
- Safran Electrical & Power: Virtual UK Technology and capability mission planned for the second quarter 2021, follow on discussions have started with Safran. We will send out a launch email for this event in the next few weeks.
- Safran Landing Systems: UK Technology and capability mission, same approach as Electrical & Power, targeting 2Q21
- Honeywell (USA): We are continuing discussions to deliver a virtual UK Supplier Showcase and targeting the week that the Paris Airshow would have been ie w/c 21 June
- Thales: Ongoing discussions with Thales senior procurement officials to host a UK Technology and capability mission in 2021 in Velizy, Paris
- Dassault: Early discussions with Dassault senior procurement officials to host a UK Technology and capability mission in early 2022 in Merignac or Toulouse
- Safran Aircraft Engines: UK Technology and capability mission, early discussions, this mission will be in Courcouronnes, France, probably late 2021 if travel restrictions allow
- Looking further ahead we have activities planned for Farnborough, further export events around exhibitions, inward missions as well as Showcase events with major customers
We will keep you updated on the progress of these missions and work with you on the launch planning & delivery.
Please remember that information about the UK Governments Covid support packages is available here. There is also advice and support on the new rules that apply to internationally trading busines found here and sector specific webinars can also be viewed here. Please contact any of the DIT team if you have specific questions.
Department for International Trade| 55 Whitehall| London SW1A 2EY |