North West Aerospace Alliance, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3005520 (We”, “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
By visiting www.aerospace.co.uk (“our site”) and/or providing personal information to us, you consent to us obtaining personal information from you and processing such personal information in accordance with this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is North West Aerospace Alliance Ltd. of Unit 8, South Preston Office Village, Cuerden Way, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6BL.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Sharon McDonald
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms or relevant fields on our site or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order, book an event through our booking agents (currently Eventbright), participate in social media functions, any promotion or survey through our site and/or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, email address and phone number (mobile or landline) date of birth and/or financial information.
Information that you provide when applying for job vacancies advertised on our site including information contained in your curriculum vitae which you may submit to us.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for
you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or
which we feel may interest you.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose
to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
– To contact you about contributions which you have made to our site.
– To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting,
data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
– To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer. As part of our efforts to keep our site
safe and secure;
– To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site
about goods or services that may interest you or them. To provide you, or
permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or
services we feel may interest you and you hereby consent to us using your
information in this way and by any of the following means:
– electronic means (e-mail or SMS);
– telephone; or
If you want us to stop using your data in this way, or passing your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know by contacting The Data Protection Officer at North West Aerospace Alliance, Unit 8, South Preston Office Village, Cuerden Way, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6BL.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
– If you have booked an event with us, we may disclose your personal information to other delegates attending the same event, the organiser of the relevant event and/or the sponsor(s) of the relevant event. Further, the delegate list (containing personal information of all delegates of the relevant event) will be e-mailed to all of the event delegates (and, if requested by them, the sponsors and/or organisers of the relevant event) prior to and/or after the relevant event, and will be handed to all delegates, sponsors and organisers on the day of or following the relevant event itself. The delegates list may provide the following information which you have provided to us at the time of booking the event:
– Your name;
– The name of your business or the business which you work for;
– Your job title;
– Your contact telephone number;
– Your mobile phone number; and/or
– Your e-mail address.
You hereby consent to us passing on your personal information in this way and acknowledge that the recipients of such information may use this information for any purpose including contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our site, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on our site or are otherwise in breach of the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws or regulations (for example, where content that you have posted on our site is, or may be deemed, defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties (such as your employer or law enforcement agencies) about the relevant content or your behaviour.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us North West Aerospace Alliance Limited, Unit 8, South Preston Office Village, Cuerden Way, Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6BL.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Images courtesy of BAE Systems, Airbus UK, Rolls-Royce plc, EADS and member companies.