NWAA Extended Enterprise aimed to offer Primes/OEMs/Customers:
• Deeper and broader menu of capabilities and capacity
• A Collaborative Supply Chain approach with Global reach
• Reduced supplier interfaces and transaction costs
• Business Continuity – risk mitigation
• Flexible & agile supply chains – responsive & able to meet rate increases
• Best Value Solutions–work done at the right price & level in tiering structure
• A low risk, risk sharing, transparent, no hassle ‘silent partner’ from day one
The NWAA Extended Enterprise project offered Customers who are looking to reduce their number of directly interfacing suppliers & transfer risk a pragmatic solution.
Traditional hierarchical subcontracting is uncompetitive due to the way risk is managed.
NWAA offered its Extended Enterprise participating Suppliers opportunities to collaborate on bid packages that individually they would not be in a position to bid.
NWAA’s Extended Enterprise project is part of the ASCE2 (Aerospace Supply Chain Excellence 2) programme. ASCE2 builds on the successful foundations created by the £8m ASCE1 programme, with both programmes strongly supported by the Primes (BAE SYSTEMS, Airbus UK & Rolls-Royce plc.).
The principle of Extended Enterprise culture is a rapidly developing area that views demand & supply chains as linked, unified, emerging industry systems which require business processes and structures far beyond those used in single companies.
Launched in 2011 the Extended Enterprise project developed the NWAA Extended Enterprise Model Framework that comprised of five elements:
1. Commercial Model
2. Collaboration Agreement
3. Collaboration - Readiness Assessment Tool
4. Financing Routes for the Extended Enterprise
5. Strategic Industry Map
The NWAA Extended Enterprise project offered Customers who are looking to reduce their number of directly interfacing suppliers & transfer risk a pragmatic solution to retain Suppliers/SMEs within their supply chain whilst remaining competitive.
Individual suppliers/SMEs do not possess the scale & breadth of capability & capacity to match Customers’ strategic aspirations. Our NWAA Extended Enterprise approach offers business winning opportunities that Suppliers/SMEs could not hope to attract alone.