Paris Air Show, Le Bourget UK Supplier Discovery Tour 19-21 June 2023
His Majesty’s Government’s Department for Business & Trade (DBT) and UK Trade Association ADS are organising a series of customer delegation tours of UK suppliers attending the Paris Air Show on 19th – 21st June 2023 (PAS23). This will allow international customers to meet directly with UK suppliers and discover and access the depth and breadth of UK based capabilities that will enhance their global competitiveness in the civil aerospace, space and defence domains. It repeats the successful tours held at Farnborough Air Show in 2022.
- The international customers will be guided on a tour of pre-selected UK suppliers that are specific to their technology, product or service needs.
- The purpose of the tour is to boost exports by allowing the customer organisations to discover and engage with UK suppliers that have capabilities matching their strategic needs and therefore the one or two delegates that they may send to undertake this tour will probably be from the Supplier Management, Strategic Sourcing, Product Development and/or Research & Technology departments.
- ADS & DBT will work with the customers to understand their strategic needs and liaise with all UK suppliers or UK subsidiaries of international companies that are either exhibiting at the air show or sending representatives to understand their capabilities. Those candidate companies that have matching technologies, products or services will provide a short description of their capabilities that highlight the competitive benefits they will bring to the customers’ platforms, products and business processes. The customer will be able to review these descriptions and select the companies that they wish to meet for further discussions on their stands in the exhibition halls or in the meeting rooms of ADS and the other UK trade associations that are present at the show.
- For each customer, the schedule will consist of between 5 to 7 meetings during one morning of the show. This could be Mon 19, Tues 20 or Weds 21 June 2023. They will be greeted at 9am for a welcome briefing in the UK Pavilion before starting the meetings with chosen companies. Each meeting will be around 20-25 minutes and take place either in the DBT meeting room within the UK Pavilion or at the exhibitors stand. They will be chaperoned by an ADS or DBT representative who will not participate in the meetings.
- Bill Peterson from the Department for Business & Trade and Chris Gane from ADS will be the points of contact and will liaise between the customers and the candidate suppliers.
- The UK supply chain participants will fit into 4 categories:
- UK companies that have secured their own stand direct with the organisers
- UK based subsidiaries of multi-nationals who have their own stand
- UK companies, often SMEs, who are exhibiting with a trade association
- Representatives of UK suppliers that are visiting the show
- The customers have been invited to participate, but have not yet confirmed, are:
Boeing Commercial Aircraft
Boeing Defense, Space & Security
GE Aerospace Engines
Raytheon: Collins Aerospace
Raytheon: Intelligence & Space
How to Take Part
- Review the sample capability list and use your knowledge of the markets you serve and the potential customers you wish to meet to decide which capabilities you will present to the customers
- Fill in the Capability Description document form following the guidelines provided and the mock-up example. Submit your capability form to Chris Gane & Bill Peterson by 7th April.
- On the Customer Matching Matrix indicate which customers will be interested in each of your capabilities. Only those you indicate will be presented to the specific customer in a Capability Brochure with other suppliers who also indicated that customer as relevant to their capabilities
- We will send the Capability Brochure to the customers who will review your description and decide if they want to meet you at the show. This ensures that your and the customer’s time is not wasted on meetings that are not mutually desired.
- Remember to indicate on the matrix document whether you will be an exhibitor (and provide your stand number if known) or visitor (indicating which days you will be attending) to the show. If you have not decided whether to visit you may want to wait to see if the customer invites you to meet with them as part of the tours and then subsequently make your travel arrangements accordingly
- Please note that we are discussing participation with all the customers listed above but cannot confirm their participation at this time. We will update you on progress as their show plans firm up.
Chris Gane firstname.lastname@example.org +447785242444 Bill Peterson email@example.com +19172380141