Young Apprenticeship Grant
WHAT IS IT?
£3,000 FOR SME’S
As part of Lancashire County Council’s Economic Recovery and Growth fund, we have one-hundred grants for SME’s in Lancashire that operate in its priority sectors.
To be eligible employers must:
- be a Small, Medium, Enterprise SME (Turnover <£50m & Employees < 250);
- start an apprentice between 1st July 2022 and 31st July 2023;
- Apprentice must be under 25 years old;
- Have premises within the county of Lancashire;
- Operate within Manufacturing or Aerospace sectors;
- Not started an apprentice in the previous 24 months
No other criteria is required and the application form is predominantly procurement based to allow payment of the grant. Assistance and support will be provided if required.
Up to three grants can be applied for by the same employer, but only if the apprentices start within the same 3 month period.
TWO PAYMENTS OF £1,500:
- START OF APPRENTICESHIP
- 90 DAYS AFTER APPRENTICESHIP*
*90 DAYS OF LEARNING WITH PROVIDER – ACTUAL APPRENTICESHIP START DATE AND START OF LEARNING MAY BE DIFFERENT
What if the apprentice leaves before completing the apprenticeship?
Any grant payment you have received is yours to keep. If the apprentice leaves your employ before the issue of the 2nd payment then this will not be issued.
Is this only for entry level apprentices?
No. This can be an existing staff member for upskilling, Can be a college leaver looking for that job ready training. Simply, apprenticeships
cover the whole gamut of roles within your business and for every person (existing or new) within your business. The only criteria for this
grant is that they are under 25.
Project Coordinator – Lancashire Skills Hub