Young Apprenticeship Grant
WHAT IS IT?
£3,000 for SME’s
As part of Lancashire County Council’s Economic Recovery and Growth fund,
we have secured one hundred grants for SME’s in Lancashire that operate in
its priority sectors.
These grants are available for eligible employers who haven’t recruited an
apprentice before (or within the last two years).
To be eligible employers must:
- be a Small, Medium, Enterprise SME (Turnover <£50m & Employees < 250);
- start an apprentice between 1st July 2022 and 31st July 2023;
- Apprentice must be under 25 years old;
- Have premises within the county of Lancashire
- Operate within Advanced Manufacturing or Aerospace sectors
THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
HIRING AN APPRENTICE IS A PRODUCTIVE AND EFFECTIVEWAY TO GROW TALENT AND DEVELOP A MOTIVATED, SKILLED AND QUALIFIED WORKFORCE.
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service
Other benefits of working with apprentices include:
- you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business
- they’re motivated to learn new skills
- you can expand and upskill your workforce
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE?
Project Coordinator Lancashire Skills Hub